Tuesday, January 29, 2013

My Email To PC Gamer Magazine

Dear Future Publishing and PC Gamer,

Why don't you implement auto downloads of new digital magazines? Why do I have to keep the magazine app open for it to download? I have to keep touching the screen every few minutes to prevent the iPad screen from locking and therefore stopping the download process (ten minutes later)

Apple has given you the ability to auto download new issues on newsstand without opening the app. Please make use of it. Apple's example was "wake up in the morning to find your new issue waiting for you."

It usually takes me a few retries for every subscription to fully download the latest issue. It would be great if the new issue just shows up "waiting for me" every month.

Please implement auto download, I'm sure it's just a few lines of code to add this feature your platform. And I'm also sure it's going to make ALL your digital subscribers happy too.

If you might think that some subscribers might not like auto downloads, then make it optional in the app settings. It is a win-win situation.

I know this is a very long email but the issue is very important (no pun intended.)

Thanks,
Loyal Reader

Sent from my iPad

No comments:

Post a Comment