Wednesday, August 06, 2008

Wireless Hacking, The Nice Way.

I happened to stay at a Four Points hotel where they offered free wireless internet in the lobby. However, you have to pay extra to use the in-room internet. They provided an access point inside each room. However, I couldn't pick up the lobby's signal from my room. Which let me to think outside the box. If I only had a bigger wifi antenna!

I connected the access point inside my room to my laptop using an ethernet cable and reconfigured it to work as a wireless client. Its now converted to work as a huge external-powered antenna (compared to my laptop's internal antenna). And now i can pick up the signal from lobby. Free internet!!

4 comments:

  1. Alfa 500mW USB 802.11b/g Wifi Adapter FTW!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. you mean you used the default username and password?

    ReplyDelete
  3. which four seasons is this? next time i go i will try that woohooo hax max

    ReplyDelete
  4. The user name was admin (default) and blank password :)

    ReplyDelete